Sunday, March 18

Dance It Out

Today is Sunday.  T minus 1 day until I have to go back to work.  *groan*  My stomach starts to knot up and I feel just a little nauseous.  Okay, I feel really nauseous.  I'm just beginning to find a routine in my days, and now that whole equilibrium will be upset.  I've just figured out how to appease her while I prepare and eat a meal.  I've figured out a morningtime routine in which I feed her, take a shower, bathe her, and then feed her again - but without any time constraints.  What in the world am I up against now?  The sheer thought of punching a clock at 8am makes me shudder.

How have six weeks flown by so quickly?  While some days I've felt like pulling every last hair out of my head (do they use crying babies in torture chambers?... because they should), nearly every second has been happily occupied by the little girl who entered the world a month and a half ago.  I feel like I've known her forever, and there's some truth to the cliche saying that I heard oh-so-many-times before Sol was born: it's almost impossible to remember life without her.  She really does make me happy when skies are gray.  Why do I have to leave her and rejoin the outside world?

I can't fight it, so I just have to accept it and move on.  And in the meantime, I've got YouTube to help temper the sting of having to return to work.  And I watch videos like the one below.  And I may or may not dance along.  Life is better for at least 2 minutes and 20 seconds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment