Thursday, March 21

DO I CONTRADICT MYSELF? VERY WELL THEN, I CONTRADICT MYSELF.

Today's post will be very short.

In order to write my recent post on daycare, I spent a huge chunk of time researching, asking around (thank you to all my friends who contributed), and compiling information on child care regulations, what to look for, and what to avoid, as well as creating a 7-page checklist of questions to ask when visiting a daycare provider.  Seven. Flippin. Pages.

Obviously I'm in the middle of searching for a new daycare for Solchop.  We previously used an in-home daycare that was wonderful and loving, but in the end didn't fit my needs as far as my work schedule.  So we're looking for a new one.  In the past two weeks, she's been to 3 different daycares to try them out (this has not been a fun 2 weeks).  I have a well-organized spreadsheet of information on all the places I've contacted (53 providers total).  This gal has done her research.

So it goes without saying that when I visited my ideal daycare provider on Tuesday evening, I had this grand plan in my head.  I knew exactly what to look for.  I knew exactly what I didn't want to see.  I knew exactly what I was going to ask.

And after Miss Sandy sat us down after the tour ("us" being Sol and me), she gave a quick run-through of her policies.

Then she said, "So... do you have any questions for me?"

Sol turned to me... the girl who just spent a week preparing questions for daycare providers.

My eyes got wide and my palms started to sweat.  

I said, "Uh.... uhh... ummmmmmm."
Come on... I must have some questions.
Um...
Well...
"Nope, I can't think of any."

Horror.  How did I not have any questions?

It was my time to shine, my moment of glory.  The very opportunity I had waited for, a chance to blow a rather impressive woman away with my rather impressive vault of intelligent questions.

Annnnnnd I failed.  Seriously, I had nothing to ask her.  HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?


No comments:

Post a Comment