My mom is truly an amazing woman, and her life is certainly something to celebrate. 60 years is a significant milestone in anyone's life, and my dear madre is no exception.
I've always appreciated her (yep, I sure did, Mom - even when I was 15... and 16... and 17... and 18... even when you couldn't always tell that I appreciated you), but this past year I've developed a more profound and meaningful appreciation for the woman who brought me into this world.
The past year hasn't been easy for me, and I doubt it's been very easy for her. Every mom has her own little picture-perfect dream of what she wants her daughter's life to look like, and I know this is not how my mom envisioned my life. It's been almost a year since I told my mom that I was pregnant. Prior to that, I was alone, ashamed of myself, and scared. After several agonizing months of Sol's father telling me that my own family would hate me for being pregnant (really, dude??), I was terrified of what would happen when I told my mom that I was expecting a baby. It was unfortunate that I had spent so many days and nights obsessing over that conversation. I never should have listened to Sol's father - a man who, as it turns out, poisons 99% of his conversations with flagrant lies. I should have looked at the loving, compassionate woman my mom is. I would have seen that unconditional love exists (despite what Sol's father told me). I know unconditional love exists because I know my mother. When I told her I was pregnant, she hugged me, told me she loved me, and told me I "made her year." Her exact words.
My mom signs off most every written conversation (text, email, card, etc) with "LYMTWCS" (love you more than words can say). Obviously I love to write, and I rarely seem to be at a loss for words. I'm usually quite capable of expressing my thoughts on pen and paper (or via keyboard), but when it comes to my mom, words are not enough. I literally love her more than words can say.
Happy birthday, Mom.
LYMTWCS.
If you want to read another rave review of my mom, click here :)

No comments:
Post a Comment