Sol is 3 months old today! 3 months. THREE! I can't believe it.
The past three months have been happy, healthy (for the most part), and best of all, filled with love from our friends and family. We've gone through a whole quarter of my little sunshine's first year of life.
She's laughing, smiling, grabbing (yep, broke my poor "Sol" necklace from our dear friend Donna), crying, regurgitating, pooping, [sometimes] sleeping, joyfully shrieking, almost standing, nearly rolling over, tracking, responding, and throwing occasional fits (which I've affectionally dubbed her little "solar flares").
I've learned:
- I didn't register for enough burp cloths.
- Sol likes to be held on her stomach (like a football).
- There's a reason you don't hang anything glass above a crib (try it in the dining room first).
- Basements are scary, especially when haunted by a chain-smoking ghost.
- Gender-neutral clothing screams "I'm a boy," no matter what girly pink accessories you have.
- Flo Rida and Pink Floyd work wonders for morningtime and bedtime, respectively.
- Leaving "early" is never early enough.
- When Sol is sick, I don't sleep. But when I'm sick, I still don't sleep. Lose-lose.
- Swings are pointless. Money is better spent on a used changing table.
- Spray paint makes almost anything look new and fabulous.
- Pureed fruit and vegetables are probably the easiest meal for a single mom to eat.
- When you get a baby, you get about 50x more mail... MOST of it is good mail!
- Atwater Brewery's Vanilla Java Porter tastes even better than it did before I was pregnant.
- If your job already sucks it doesn't get any better after maternity leave.
- The BOB Sport Utility jogging stroller is a-ma-zing.
- A baby is hard work.
- A baby is amazing.
- A baby never stops crying.
- A baby is the BEST MODEL EVER.
- A baby will bring you more love than you ever thought was possible.
- A baby is nothing less than a miracle.
No comments:
Post a Comment