Friday, May 17

FIVE/THIRTEEN GOOD THINGS FRIDAY

Yes, that was Five/Thirteen.  
Yes, these posts are usually titled "Five Good Things Friday."
Yes, there is a method to today's madness.
Good things come in fives this week. 

Once upon a time, my papa and mama were blessed with three beautiful girls.  
[seriously, have you ever seen this much perm, puffy paint, or turtleneck in one photo??]
 

Two of those beautiful girls were blessed with beautiful girls of their own.
[we are all very big fans of Christmas, apparently]


Then one beautiful day in May, our sugar-and-spice world 
was infused with snips and snails and puppy-dog tails!!!

IT'S A BOY!

On 5/15, at 5:50 am, our beautiful family grew by 5lbs, 13 ounces.

See this gorgeous little man?


 World, meet my oh-so-unbelievably-very-handsome nephew.


This is Ashton Roderick.  
{ I think I'll call him A-Rod :) }
My sister Amanda, who has been an incredible aunt to 4 sweet little ladies,
is the proud mother of a beautiful baby boy!!!

Omg, I'm just so excited.
And that, my friends, is the backing behind this [entirely-center-aligned] post.

A-Rod was born on Wednesday.  Today is Friday.
I. Have. Been. Going. CRAZY. I just need to see this little dude.  
I need to hold him and kiss him and squeeze his wittle feetsies.
I miss that itsy-bitsy baby stage.
 I am clearly in a state of euphoria when I use words like "wittle," "feetsies," and "itsy-bitsy,"
since I absolutely refuse to use "baby talk" with my own child.

A-Rod and his awesome parents are all healthy and happy, 
and now Mama Mel has an actual reason to shop in the little boys' clothing department.
WOO-HOO!!!!!!

[sigh]
My beloved Ashton, you are SO loved.
Welcome to the world!  We have been waiting so impatiently to meet you!!!!

<3 <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment