Wednesday, October 31

WHIRLWIND WEEK (AND I'M NOT JUST TALKING ABOUT SANDY)

Is it Wednesday already?  Yes, I know I missed Tuesday ramblings again.  After a lovely weekend at home, I spent Monday and Tuesday in Chicago (traveling for work), and drove back to Michigan on Tuesday evening.  I'm preeetttty sure I drove straight through the Gary, Indiana, version of Sandy.  I've never driven through wind and rain like I did last night... white-knuckled it the whole way.

Oh, back to work this morning and back to a mountain of emails.  Oh joy.

So real quick: a few pics from Chicago.  Oh, Chicago, I adore that toddlin' town.

Bet your bottom dollar you'll lose the blues in Chicago.
The John Hancock Center...
... where I got my obligatory slice of cheesecake.
GORGEOUS. 
We actually ran into a young man standing on the bridge here,
completely overwhelmed by the view.  Yep, it's amazing.
What did people ever do before cell phones and mirrors?
How did anyone get pictures of themselves?  :)

This morning I dressed Sol up in an adorable pumpkin outfit that Aunt Amanda bought for "Baby B" last October!  :)



But later tonight, she'll dress up in her real costume... and here's a sneak peak of what to expect.  Any guesses??? (hint: it's probably not what you think...)


Yep, I adore Halloween.  Which is sort of surprising, given my life-altering, earth-shattering fear of clowns, mascots, and humans dressed as animals (white rabbits are the worst).  YIKES.  But I do enjoy clever costumes.  When combined with one of my favorite shows (The Office) and my dream man (Jim Halpert), Halloween takes on its most fabulous form:

Jim is "Dave"
Jim is "three-hole punch Jim"
Jim is "Facebook"
NBC, I love you.


So tonight I'm taking Sol trick-or-treating and then possibly attending a birthday party later in the evening.   Whew!  Yes, whirlwind week.

And speaking of whirlwinds, continue to pray for those affected by Frankenstorm Sandy.  As of early this morning, reports showed the U.S. death toll at 50.  And millions are without power or transit.  If you feel the urge to help somehow, you can make an online donation to the American Red Cross by clicking HERE (a  totally legitimate avenue, I promise, and tax-deductible too!).

No comments:

Post a Comment