Tuesday, July 31

Love You More Than Words Can Say

Today is a beautiful day.  My mom is celebrating 60 years of a beautiful life.  SIXTY!  (and no, mom, I don't care how upset you are that I'm posting your age in here for the world to see) 

My mom is truly an amazing woman, and her life is certainly something to celebrate.  60 years is a significant milestone in anyone's life, and my dear madre is no exception.

I've always appreciated her (yep, I sure did, Mom - even when I was 15... and 16... and 17... and 18... even when you couldn't always tell that I appreciated you), but this past year I've developed a more profound and meaningful appreciation for the woman who brought me into this world.

The past year hasn't been easy for me, and I doubt it's been very easy for her.  Every mom has her own little picture-perfect dream of what she wants her daughter's life to look like, and I know this is not how my mom envisioned my life.  It's been almost a year since I told my mom that I was pregnant.  Prior to that, I was alone, ashamed of myself, and scared.  After several agonizing months of Sol's father telling me that my own family would hate me for being pregnant (really, dude??), I was terrified of what would happen when I told my mom that I was expecting a baby.  It was unfortunate that I had spent so many days and nights obsessing over that conversation.  I never should have listened to Sol's father - a man who, as it turns out, poisons 99% of his conversations with flagrant lies.  I should have looked at the loving, compassionate woman my mom is.  I would have seen that unconditional love exists (despite what Sol's father told me).  I know unconditional love exists because I know my mother.  When I told her I was pregnant, she hugged me, told me she loved me, and told me I "made her year."  Her exact words.

Since then, she's had plenty to be excited about.  She's seen two beautiful granddaughters brought into the world, and she's the proudest grandma I know (we call her "CC," by the way).  She is living a beautiful life in a beautiful home, and has plenty to be proud of.  I have two phenomenal sisters that were raised by the same amazing parents, and I know that my mom's heart overflows when she looks at just how greatly our family has been blessed. 

My mom signs off most every written conversation (text, email, card, etc) with "LYMTWCS" (love you more than words can say).  Obviously I love to write, and I rarely seem to be at a loss for words.  I'm usually quite capable of expressing my thoughts on pen and paper (or via keyboard), but when it comes to my mom, words are not enough.  I literally love her more than words can say.

Happy birthday, Mom.

LYMTWCS.

If you want to read another rave review of my mom, click here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment