Thursday, May 24

Out with the Old, In with the New

It happened.  We finally reached the point where it was necessary to turn over Sol's entire wardrobe.  Little MiniMon has outgrown all her 0-3month clothes.  So I had to spend all evening (literally ALL EVENING) going through every onesie and sleeper that we own and replacing all the too-smalls with the just-rights.  It's amazing how many clothes a baby can accumulate.  The number of outfits this girl has... wow.  And then there's the fact that 1/3 of the clothes I stuffed into the storage totes hadn't even been worn.  This made my anticonsumerist self sad.

Rotating her wardrobe was a bittersweet moment indeed.  I can't believe how much she's grown since I brought her home from the hospital.  It's happening too quickly.  Just four months ago, she weighed in at 8 lbs and was too small for even her newborn outfits.  Here we are in May, she's twice that size, and my biceps are well-toned from toting the little chunker around.  I'm sad to see her growing so quickly, but I'm also looking forward to the age where she can entertain herself.  I am only one woman, folks.  I can't be with her every second of the evening (though I'd like to be able to do that).

Every so often I forget just exactly why I get so angry at Sol's father.  And then I attempt something like I did tonight - a pretty large project that requires my full attention and both hands. 

Sol was fine during some of the chaos (see Where's Waldo-esque photo to the right... can you spot the baby??), but she soon became restless and just wanted me.  So I had to grab the Moby and wrap us up - and then attempt all my sorting/laundry/folding/haulingupanddownstairs with my babe strapped to the front of me.  Not easy.  Would it have been easier with another adult there to entertain her while I worked?  Probably.  Guess I'll never know.  Regardless, the many reasons why I resent her father just came screaming back to me.  Being a new mom is hard.  No one should have to do it alone.  Thanks a heap for your stupid choices, jerk.

And that's my rant for the day.  End scene.

1 comment:

  1. End Scene is how all well written (or well said) posts should end. Love the writing style!

    ReplyDelete